Bowen Island Marina occupies the area that has historically welcomed visitors and residents to Bowen Island for over a century. It was here that Captain Cates first landed tours from Vancouver on his Ship the 'Swan' in 1897. When his new venture, Mannion Estates, grew in popularity he bought the larger vessel, 'Britannia' to the Island.
When the original Union Steamships Company took over from Captain Cates in 1920, they steadily increased the number of ships coming to its summer resort. In 1931 alone, 57,000 people visited the Island.
Upon leaving the vessels, people walked up our path to a Restaurant that featured an Ice Cream Parlour. During the evening live music was played in the Dance Hall nearby.
Phone: +1 604-947-9710
Address: RR#1 A-1 Bowen Island, BC V0N 1G0 Can CA02